There are 5 things in life you cannot recover: A stone...after it's thrown. A word...after it is said. An occasion...after it's missed. The time...after it's gone. A person...after they die. Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably. Never regret anything that made you smile. Enjoy Life!!

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Some Stitching

I noticed today I have 13 followers.  Cool!  Not only is 13 one of my favorite numbers (7 is the other favorite) but there are folks out there who actually want to see what I have to say.  I thought when I started this blog I would just be talking to myself. 

I promised the other night I would post a picture of a recent finish (not a good picture.  it has been overcast and raining here all week).  Unfortunately it is not a finish I get to keep.  I am going on a weekend retreat and there is going to be an exchange.  I stitched this little fob.  I am in a Fall mood.  I sure hope whomever gets it likes it.  Mom sewed it together for me this past weekend.  This is a freebie chart I found on this blog  Cross Stitch Happy.  There are some really nice freebies on this blog.  I picked my own colors and added green and orange beads to the inside border.


On a side note, the picture in the background is of me and my great grandmother.  Nanny was a hat milliner for some big department stores in New York City.  In this picture is is working on some dolls.

It has been a very stressfull week at work and with the girls going back to school.  Hubby comes home from Germany on Saturday....YESSSS!!!!!!   I know I will be ok once I get to the retreat tomorrow night, but right now I am really not ready to go away.  Guess I better get my butt in gear and get packing.   

Christie

4 comments:

  1. That fob is too cute, Christie! Love the colors and the beads add such a nice sparkle!
    I haven't started packing yet either, btw...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girlie, that fob is too dang cute! I can't wait to see it and you in person very soon. I'm counting down the hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the fob, Christie! Your finishing looks great, too. Enjoy the retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pumpkin fob and the beads are a nice touch. What a sweet photo of you and your great grandmother! Sounds like she had an interesting job and probably met some interesting people! ~Roberta

    ReplyDelete