There are 5 things in life you cannot recover: A stone...after it's thrown. A word...after it is said. An occasion...after it's missed. The time...after it's gone. A person...after they die. Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably. Never regret anything that made you smile. Enjoy Life!!

Monday, December 31, 2012

A Little Stitching

I have some stitching to show for the month of December.  The first one I started around Thanksgiving and finished it about two weeks later.  I decided to include it in my December stitching since that is when it was finished.  I really enjoyed stitching this one. 

 
"Ornamental Joy"
Country Cottage Needleworks
32ct. Country Mocha Belfast
DMC & WDW threads
 
 This next one is a freebie I have had in my stash for a long time.  My oldest daughter has wanted me to stitch this for her.  I finally broke down and stitched it.  The picture is a little light.  I will have to use the new camera hubby bought me for Christmas instead of my phone next time.  Also pardon the wrinkles, I was not in the mood to get the iron out when I took these pictures.

"Sammy Snow cone"
Stitchy Kitty
32ct. Antique Blue Belfast
DMC threads

 The last two came from past issues of JCS ornament magazines.  The first I think is from the 1998 issue and the second is from the 2000 issue.

 "Christmas Joy"
Little by Little
32ct. scrap
Called for threads
 
 
I made two changes on this one.  I did not do the extra stitch of red/copper in the border and I changed the sheep's body color to DMC 3033.
 

"All is Calm"
Little by Little
36ct. Vintage Examplar (Lakeside Linens)
DMC threads
 
I think I may go back and finish the satin stitches and attach the beads/charms on my Lizzie Kate Halloween Mystery Sampler now.  If I don't get it done soon it will go into the UFO pile and may not see daylight for a long time.  I am going to be starting a new sampler  in the next couple of weeks by Historic Stitches called "John Foster" . A group of ladies in my Sampler Guild are doing this as a SAL so I thought I would join along.    Of course I have another sampler I am chomping at the bit to get started called "Francis Pool" by With Thy Needle & Thread.  Hubby let me order it as a Christmas gift from him (he refuses to order things online...LOL).  It has not come yet.  I am sure I will get that started soon also.  Nice thing is the John Foster sampler is being broken down into monthly assignments so I should be able to do other things in between.
 
Happy Stitching!!
 
Christie
 

2 comments:

  1. Your December projects are just lovely!! I love the colors you have chosen!

    ReplyDelete